Sunday, October 10, 2010

I started a blog? Uhhh...oh yeah, my bad.


So since my last entry my baby's age has doubled... so it has been a while! Figures I'd be bad at this blogging thing... oh well if at 1st you don't succeed try and try again... so here I go! So Makai is now 8 months old. Really? Really! He is SO big and the cutest little boy I have ever seen! At his last dr. appointment, his 6 month check up, he was 19 pounds (perfectly doubling his birth weight by 6 months!) and 28 1/2 inches tall. The average weight of a 9 month old and the height of an 11 month old... uh ok. He is HUGE and I simply adore him. He is already wearing 18 month clothes too... before he was born I foolishly believed that all 3 months old wore size 3 month old clothes and all 9 months old wore size 9 month old clothes... and blah blah. NOT SO. Oh well big boy clothes are SO much cuter than baby clothes... I was not down with my baby wearing puppy dogs and fire trucks on his shirts... just not Makai's style. He he... like he has his own style already. I wish I'd been blogging these last few months because he has changed a TON... but with the holidays coming up I think I need to start documenting these 1st important holidays for him. Maybe he'll appreciate it one day, right?
Since I didn't blog everything that happened I'll just mention some of the important firsts that I never got to mention and all the random things our fam has been doing this summer.
1st Vacation: In June we went on a trip to St George... it was SO hot!

1st time swimming: While in St. George we took Makai in the pool... he loved the water and his floaty toy. We took him swimming at Raging Waters in August but forgot the camera but we got these cute pictures to make up for it.

1st time at the cabin: We went for a overnight trip to the Whitney Cabin and Makai loved it! Maybe he knew his great-grandpa built it...
1st solid food: On July 5th we let him have food other than formula... yummy yummy baby rice! Not so much... he HATED it!
1st time at the ranch: On the 24th of July we went up the the Blonquist Ranch and Nuu took him out on the 4 wheeler and came back only 10 minutes later with a sleeping baby... I don't know how a baby could fall asleep on those things... he he.

6 month birthday: For Makai's oh so important 6 month birthday his daddy bought him a birthday cake... then he let him play in it!

1st Jazz Game: Me and my friend Annie took Makai to his 1st Jazz game for the game 1 of the preseason. Makai wore his D-Will jersey and loved all the action! We were in a suite... so nice and private! To top it off the Jazz won!




1 comment:

  1. I love how happy he was at the Jazz game! SO cute. Good job Mamma :)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers